Handy heaters are very important, especially during the colder months. At times that you want to save on energy use, using a handy heater is more practical than using the central heating system. However, you must remember that handy heaters’ capacity can only heat up a small space. If this is what you need, then you should know the features of a good handy heater before you purchase one.
The Best Features Of Handy Heaters
When you are planning to purchase a handy heater, it is easier if you know what you are looking for. You can also check here for more information about the handy heaters. For now, here are the features that you should take into consideration when making your choice:
- The Heater Type. The style and the type of the heater are very important factors when choosing a handy heater. You can choose from Radiant Heaters which are using warm elements to emit heat. Or you can choose Convection Heaters that use convection current to distribute heat in the room. The last type is the Micathermic Heaters that use both convection and radiant heats.
- The heater Size And Power Capacity. This feature will determine the amount of warmth that the heater can produce. For heating up a space that has 2 or 3 occupants, buy radiant heaters if you want instant heating. Remember that a larger heater can also heat up larger rooms.
- This feature can help you conserve energy. Its main function is to maintain your selected temperature by automatically turning the heater on and off. You can choose heaters with a long range of temperature settings.
- Safety Features. The heater should have an automatic shut-off when overheating. The power cord should also be long enough and made with high insulation. For safety purposes make sure that the handy heater is safety standard certified.
- Choose An Oil-Based Heater. This kind of heaters are quieter compared to the fan-based heaters. This can ensure you of a noiseless operation.
The Best Handy Heaters Of 2018
When it comes to purchasing a product, interested buyers would want to know if which are the customers’ choice. This can also help you decide. When more people like a product, you can also find plenty of reviews about them online.
- Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater. This heater has the feature to prevent overheating. It is also economical and can be easily rotated when wanting to heat a larger space.
- Ontel Handy Heater. This is very convenient since this can be plugged into the wall outlet. It comes with a programmable timer to prevent overheating. It is compact, fast-heating, and very quiet when in use.
- Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater. This is one of the best tower heaters for its price range. If you are looking for a high-quality heater that won’t cost as much as the other brands, this is the best option for you.
If you need a handy heater, make sure that you choose wisely. You will have plenty of options to choose from. Take into consideration the features mentioned above to make sure that you are getting the most out of what you are spending. The three handy heaters mentioned are all worth trying.