Sinclair Broadcast Groupis a famous and versatile media company. This is also one of the major providers of the news as well as local sports. This company’s content is being distributed through different platforms. This mainly includes over-the-air, digital platforms, and multi-channel distributors.
Top facts to know about Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group company mainly owns and operates 23 RSN brands. It also provides services to 190 different television stations in 88 different markets. This is one of the leading local news providers in the country. Some of the interesting facts to know about this company are:
- Since the last two years, Sinclair has mainly announced deals that would increase the number of holdings from 58 TV stations to 161.
- During this period, Sinclair has mainly expanded its reach starting from 35 U.S. markets to 78.
- In case Sinclair’s pending deals have been lost, the company would still have access to 38.8 percent of the total nation’s TV households.
- In the year 2012, this company had generated $1.5 billion revenue for local ad revenue.
- Sinclair mainly owns 115 stations. This company also operates through 46 others through marketing, sales and/or operating agreements, services.
- In between the years 1991 and 2002, this company has increased the number of holdings starting from four TV stations controlled to 62.
- This company’s first TV station was WBFF-TV in Baltimore.
Top investment facts to know about Sinclair broadcast group
Sinclair, either directly or through its different subsidiaries, makes equity investments in some of the strategic companies. This company was established in the year 1986. This mainly announced its first public offering in 1995. This company is being traded on NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol i.e SBGI. This company’s website mainly provides information about its different services.
Using the different services of this company
To use some of the services, the user may be required to register with the company. The kids having an age of less than 13 are not allowed to register for the Service. The user must provide the accurate information for the registration process. In case of any false or misleading information provided by the user, the company has the right to terminate the user’s account. The user will be mainly responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their password. The user needs to inform any kind of unauthorized use of their account to the customer service provider.