To get rid of a flea infestation, you must treat all potential breeding grounds, including your pet, your home, and your yard. Failure to address all areas will almost certainly result in treatment failure. We recommend beginning with your pets and then moving on to your home and yard. For the greatest outcomes, the treatments should be performed at the same time. Flea control generally begins with pets that dwell in your house or on your property. It is critical to consider your pet’s species, age, and condition while beginning the pet flea prevention process. Always check the product label to ensure that the flea treatment like пръскане против кърлежи may be used on your pet.
Drops for Fleas
- Spot-on treatments or flea drops are popular because they are quick and easy to use, and they cause little stress or interruption to dogs. Most spot-on products have one for cats and one for dogs, and they cannot be used on animals under the age of 12 weeks.
- For the product to operate correctly, it must be applied directly to the animal’s skin. The majority of Spot-on treatments instruct users to split the pet’s hair between the shoulder blades and squeeze the entire contents straight into the skin. Usually, applying the lotion between the animal’s shoulder blades prevents the animal from licking the application location.
- Within 24 hours after using the flea drop, fleas will begin to die. Please keep in mind that if the animal goes into an infected area of your yard or home, you may continue to encounter adult fleas. After swallowing the spot-on product on the animal, the adult fleas will be destroyed. To maintain control, most spot-on treatments need be reapplied every 4-6 weeks.
Bath for Fleas
- A flea wash is the most common and effective flea treatment for pets. A wash with medicated shampoo will kill ticks immediately and is the recommended first course of action for severely infected dogs. Read the shampoo’s product label carefully because many have species or age limits that must be observed to ensure your pet’s safety.
- The disadvantage of utilizing flea shampoos is that most cats and dogs dislike being bathed and might become anxious during bath time. It is also crucial to remember that most flea shampoos only provide an immediate contact kill to the fleas existing on the animal at the time of the wash and do not prevent infestation.